One Planet Experience 2016
A One Planet life entails living within the resource means of our planet. This involves generating electricity using sustainable methods. It means working the land in ecologically sensitive ways creating a whole variety of direct and "value added" produce which contribute to developing local vibrant economies. It means supporting local self sustaining communities which empower people to take full responsibility for the impact we have on our environment . It means living in harmony with and in conscious relationship to nature.
Are you looking to explore how a more sustainable lifestyle might work for you?
The One Planet Experience Week based at the Lammas Ecovillage in Pembrokeshire, West Wales, UK, offers a broad range of skills and resources designed to give you a taste of what its like to live sustainably on the land. If you are seriously contemplating making the shift to a more conscious land-based life… then this course is for you!
We will explore together :-
- Getting down to earth and experiencing ways to earn a living from the land. Examples include orchard management; growing food; a whole range of land-based crafts and businesses; from organic skincare to weaving flax to wood-craft to beekeeping to vermaculture to cut flowers etc etc
- Animal husbandry and land management.
- Learn about hydro and solar power and what an off grid domestic lifestyle entails.
- Green Building examples and techniques
- Understanding the current planning system in Wales for establishing low impact lifestyles
- Looking in detail at the One Planet Development Planning Policy.
- What to look for when buying land.
- Visioning your ecohome/ ecovillage.
- End of course party on 20th June 2016 with live music.
- End of course party on 17th September 2016 with live music.
Accommodation options include basic free camping with fire pit and wood supply near to the beautiful millpond framed by ancient oak and ash trees, or staying in a range of friendly local B & B’s (details available on request)
June 17th – 21st 2016 (Starts at 4pm on Friday and finishes at 10am on Tuesday)
Sept 14th - 18th 2016 (Starts at 4pm on Wednesday and finishes 10am on Sunday
£275 JUNE EARLY BIRD (if booked before April 31st AND paid in full)
£275 SEPT EARLY BIRD (if booked before July 31st AND paid in full)
£295 (if you pay a non-returnable deposit of £50 and pay the rest on arrival)
£295 (if you choose to pay in full after the early bird dates)
£250 for pre-arranged concessionary place (limited number available)
price includes all meals (Delicious Vegetarian) and self service breakfast
Specific diets skilfully catered for
Book and pay by selecting your payment option using the
PAYPAL BUTTON BELOW LEFT
Or for more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lammas One Planet Experience Booking
Living a One Planet Life
Early Bird Price
If you book before the end of April there is a £20 discount on the price for the June Experience 2016
If you book before the end of July there is a £20 discount on the price for the Sept Experience 2016
Select to pay £275 opposite... this option will only be available until the dates stated.
Otherwise please either pay £50 non-returnable deposit and pay the balance on arrival...
or pay in full £295 if you book after the above EARLYBIRD dates.